Job Coach – Right Side Up Recovery Center for Women & Children
TITLE: RSU Job Coach
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: RSU Program Director
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s required; master’s preferred, 1 to 2 years teaching
experience working with gender-specific population and in field of addiction.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Job Coach Instructor is required to work 40 hrs a week
1. Instruct clients individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
2. Confer with supervisor to plan and schedule lessons that promote learning, following approved curricula.
3. Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to clients.
4. Guide and coach clients regarding job search activities.
5. Maintain accurate and complete employment records.
6. Observe and evaluate client’s job search and employment to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement.
7. Prepare for assigned classes, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
8. Advise clients on volunteer opportunities, prospective employers, and job placement services.
9. Attend professional meetings, conferences, and workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competences.
10. Select, order, and issue books, material, and supplies for courses or projects.
11. Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
12. Plans and coordinates activities and information designed to place clients in a vocational program which is appropriate for their needs and abilities.
13. Provides referrals to necessary employment support services.
14. Assesses client’s employability and refers clients to job opportunities or other resources.
15. Advises and instructs classes in job search skills and career development.
16. Monitor, evaluate, and record client’s progress.
17. Completes reports on client’s job status and provides follow-up process with employers.
18. Compiles resource file, meets and consults with the business community to discuss career opportunities for participants.
19. Attend meetings and seminars to obtain information for use in training programs.
31. Collaborate with team regarding client’s progress.
32. Submits monthly reports regarding client’s employment status.
- Principles and methods for curriculum and training design
- Teaching and coaching
- Use of office machines to include telephone, fax, copier, computer and printer.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
Criminal background check required.
Interested applicants should submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.