Staying connected in recovery is one of the best methods for relapse prevention. Because addiction is a disease of isolation, it is important for addicts and alcoholics to establish a strong support system in sobriety. While MARR upholds its traditions of intensive addiction treatment and a strong community model, we utilize newer strategies like social media to help our alumni feel more connected.
Whether you need a few words of encouragement, wish to touch base with other alumni and staff, want to find out what’s happening at MARR or would like to read up on recovery-related material, we want you to stay connected.
MARR Alumni are welcome to attend the following groups at their respective center at any point in time:
- Monitoring/Aftercare – Wednesdays from 6-7 p.m. at the WRC
- Spirituality – Thursdays from 6:15-7:15 p.m. at FUMC Lawrenceville
- Spirituality – Saturdays from 8:45-9:45 a.m. at FUMC Lawrenceville
- Any feeling school groups EXCEPT Connections – Shame Resilience & Healing Trauma
- Spiritual Life Group – Mondays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Peachtree Presbyterian Church
- Spiritual Life Group – Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at St. John’s UMC
- Spiritual Life Group – Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Tucker UMC
- Men’s Aftercare – Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. at the MRC
- Spiritual Life Group – Saturdays from 9-10 a.m. at the MRC
Find us on the social media channels below. Then, give us your feedback! Share your thoughts on our blog; post comments on Facebook; or retweet us on Twitter.
At MARR, we believe in the power of fellowship. Let’s enjoy recovery together!
Recovery Resources: www.marrinc.org/category/articles-podcasts/
If you would like to be added as a member to our private alumni Facebook group, email [email protected].