GET PLUGGED IN
Staying connected in recovery is one of the best methods for relapse prevention. Because addiction is a disease of isolation, it is important for addicts and alcoholics to establish a strong support system in sobriety. While MARR upholds its traditions of intensive addiction treatment and the Therapeutic Community model, we utilize newer strategies like social media to help our alumni feel more connected.
Whether you need a few words of encouragement, wish to touch base with other alumni and staff, want to find out what’s happening at MARR or would like to read up on recovery-related material, we want you to stay connected.
If you have any questions, get in touch with your alumni coordinators:
WRC Alumni Coordinator: Kimberly Collins, 678-805-5114, [email protected]
MRC Alumni Coordinator: Todd Valentine, 678-805-5158, [email protected]
MARR Alumni are welcome to attend the following groups at their respective center at any point in time:
- Monitoring/Aftercare – Wednesdays from 6-7 p.m. at the WRC
- Spirituality – Thursdays from 6:15-7:15 p.m. at FUMC Lawrenceville
- Spirituality – Saturdays from 8:45-9:45 a.m. at FUMC Lawrenceville
- Any feeling school groups EXCEPT Connections – Shame Resilience & Healing Trauma
- Spiritual Life Group – Mondays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Peachtree Presbyterian Church
- Spiritual Life Group – Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at St. John’s UMC
- Spiritual Life Group – Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Tucker UMC
- Men’s Aftercare – Thursdays from 6-7 p.m. at the MRC
- Spiritual Life Group – Saturdays from 9-10 a.m. at the MRC
Find us on the social media channels below. Then, give us your feedback! Share your thoughts on our blog; post comments on Facebook; or retweet us on Twitter.
At MARR, we believe in the power of fellowship. Let’s enjoy recovery together!
If you would like to be added as a member to our private alumni Facebook group, email [email protected].